Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Job!!// Bitch post



I would like to let you all know that I got a new job! Yes, I've mentioned that before BUT in my last post about it I said I wouldn't be starting till sometime in October. Lucky for me the newest girl that was hired about a month ago quit because working only 2 days was TOO hard for her and she couldn't handle it. That's right, the crazy bitch couldn't handle working only TWO! days!! Oh well, her loss my gain. I put in my two weeks to my old job about two weeks ago and my last day was yesterday. YAY!! I'm FREE!! :D I wanted to take my old work uniforms and put them in a pile and light them on fire and I would dance around them. I really hated that job. It will be really nice to have a new job where I don't have to stress over and I don't have to worry about having to work that day. That job was such a pain in my ass that I would get anxiety just knowing I had to work. You shouldn't have to feel like that and have to deal with it. You should be able to have fun in you're job and want to go to work and like what you do but I didn't, I absolutely despised that place.

The reason why I hated it so much was because it was retail and working in retail is not the best job in the world. I worked in the Service Desk so I had to deal with returns and exchanges and customer complaints so I got the really nasty ass people who think that they're God's gift to the world and we're suppose to give them everything they want. That's not true and I don't do that. I don't follow the rule "The customer is always right even when they're wrong." If their wrong I'll tell them but in a nice way of course. I may hate the customers that come into my store but I would like to let you all know that I am NOT mean to them at all. I actually have great customer service and try to do a great job and help the customers it's just when you've been doing this job and dealing with these type of customers for 3 years it burns you out and it puts you in a bad mood and makes you not giving a flying fart in space. The customers aren't the only problem that I had to deal with, some of my co-workers were just as nasty. That place is a walking double standard and everyone treats you like shit and nobody cares about you. One worker actually told the whole front end that I was bulimic, yeah I really feel the love in that place. 

A lot of people have been saying "what happened to great customer service?" Customer service went down the drain when people got sick of being treated like shit at work all the time and I agree with that. I'm not saying my customer service went down cause I still have great customer service it's just it could be better and I'm not trying as hard as I use to because I just don't care and I don't want to be there, I stopped caring a long time ago and haven't started back up cause they don't pay me enough to care. What I'm excited about this job is I'm working with totally different people inside and out. Yes I'll be working in Fred Meyer Jewelers and it's still in the same store but it's going to be completely different. The whole atmosphere will be different cause I'll have a different clientele and  I don't have to work with certain people out on the front end anymore and I can tell them all to blow it out their ass and they can't do a damn thing about it. I'm really good friends with my new manager and she's not going to care what they have to say, she doesn't even like them and she knows how two faced they are. She even told me not to take their crap or they're going to have to deal with her.

That's what a manager should be like, they should be nice and always have you're back and be you're friend and still be you're manager. It's really not hard to do that but my old manager thought it was. She was degrading, rude, unprofessional and just down right nasty. In my new job I get to dress up and look nice and be able to finally look like a girl and not have to wear a ugly tan uniform. There's just 3 girls in the store cause I'm taking over Cheri's position since she's retiring in November and I get along great with everyone in there. I always tell people those are my girls cause they are. I'm the youngest one in there and it'll be nice to look up to someone who knows what to do and how to work it. It'll be a huge self esteem booster working in there and I know I'm going to love it. My first day is Monday (Labor Day) and I'm so excited, I already have my whole outfit picked out :) Even though I hated my old job I did have some great friends at that store that I love. Two of my best friends I met working there and two other girls I love I also met there. My good friend Danielle is  someone I look up to and I know I can always talk to. She understands me and my crazy weird horror personality and she loves me for that and she accepts it. I know I can talk to her about anything and she has my back. She's really excited about me working there cause she said she knows I'm going to have a great time and it'll be a good thing for me cause I can fully express myself in that job.

My other good friend Lesa is so funny and I love talking to her. We always make jokes about the job cause she hates it there too and we drool over Jensen Ackles. She even came to work on her day off on Friday to give me a hug and to say good bye since it was my last day and she told me I'm going to do great in there.  Those two girls I'm going to miss working with cause I had a fun time with them but I'm just happy I still get to see them when I'm working in the Jewelry department. I'll let you all know how my first day went and I'll take pictures! :D



(Disclaimer: Sorry about the whole Debbie Downer/bitching post I just needed to get this off my chest and felt this was the only way to do it. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment